What We Do
T&M Associates combines extensive business and technical experience to help governments meet international requirements to:
- improve trade,
- build capacity,
- create market linkages,
- develop public-private partnerships, and
- increase competitiveness
Sectors We Work In
In the food safety (SPS) and agribusiness, public health, animal health, plant health, education, biosecurity, diagnostics, and information technology industries. Our support is provided in native languages as well as English
Where We Work and for Whom
Our team members have worked in Africa, Eurasia, Asia, Middle East, Europe and North America on projects funded by USAID, USDA, World Bank and IFC, GIZ, and others.
Specific Services and Activities
- Evaluate and design improvements for public sector capacity to meet SPS requirements as outlined by Codex, OIE, and IPPC for the export of agricultural and food products. This evaluation covers policies and regulations, laboratories and diagnostic capacity, inspections and customs, and certification.
- Work with industry to ensure that they meet required international and private sector food safety (HACCP, ISO, and GFSI);
- Strengthen the supporting infrastructure of diagnostic laboratories, consulting firms, academic institutions, and Ministry of Agriculture and/or Ministry of Health
- Lead the effort to establish a National Codex Committee and a National Strategic Food Safety Plan,
- Develop a multi-year work plan to achieve ISO certification,
- Improve border inspections,
- Improve product certifications,
- Evaluate current and potential export sectors.